Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Monday, 25 May, 2009

Hmm... Met Mike and Richard for breakfast today. I was early today. Arrived at 9am and no one was in sight yet. Richard arrived around 9:10 am and Mike around 9:30 am.

Being adults, all trios had coffee with our breakfast. Am surprised that Richard was a slow eater today. He normally gulps down all his food within minutes but today think he takes a long time. Guess cause he is not that hungry. Otherwise, I will see a glutton… hehehe…

Anyway, the purpose of the meet up was to talk about me. 2 matters have been bogging me all this while.

~ career
~ Relationships
At this stage of life, I am now at the crossroads of life. Career & relationships.

Career
Have none at the moment cuz unemployed. Sigh. Career that I embarked on for the past 5 years just gone in a flash. Resigning from my job a year ago to focus on my studies seems a good idea to pursue personal goals.

No carrer. No job. I do know that I am not sick and tired of what I am doing. Rather, I find it a challenge when I am doing them. Though back room or middle office is processes and can be mundane, it is still a challenge for me. Today Soc Gen came back to me after I decided to call them, the VP told me that the bank has decided to seek internally for the position I am applying for. That means, I am back to square one. Nothing to look forward and no potential.

The process of job hunting and interviews is starting all over again. Even If no permanent job drops by for now, at least a contract or temporary helps a lot. Financially, physically, mentally & physiologically drained out. This has taken a toll on me and I am very drained out man.

I know the economy is in recession and banking industry is badly affected. Life needs to go on, bills to be paid, and life just goes on. Time and tide waits for no man. I must strive and preserved to move forward. Let each day be a challenge for me and strive forward to ensure success at my end. I been lamenting long enough on my plight and focus all my energy on seeking employment, which I been doing. Hehehe

While looking for full time employment, I should be looking at temporary assignments and contracts. Keep me busy & occupied & “ka-ching” coming in.

“Jia you” and keep your heads up high.

Relationships

Single and available but still unattached. I admit for the past 5 over years of my life, I have been denying relationships in my life. Work, studies, voluntary work & running are the components of my life for the past few years. Upon completion of my studies, with no career, taking a break from voluntary work and just marathons, I am quite free. Not as busy as last time, I begin to feel lonely and envious of all the people around me. I am just envious to see people getting married, starting a family or just attached. To be accompanied by your loved ones be it in terms of happiness or sadness, it is heavenly.

Lately, having spend time with a friend, doing simple things like cooking, baking, watching dvds, movies, spending quality time, talking a long walks and having common interests made me enjoy it. Don’t get me wrong, I have no feelings for this friend. Treat the friend as just good friends. I only hope that this is something that I can do with my loved ones. It made me realised that life isn’t just all about work and getting busy. I have missed so much of life that I am just lost.

My partner needs to understand that in the industry that I am in, I don’t work regular hours but rather long hrs. Have to note of my busy schedules on weekdays, not sticky as I really don’t gel well with people are sticky, rather turns me of. Same interest, intellectual, chemistry and have great personality. Main thing we must clique well and have good chemistry. Guess that’s not a difficult criterion. Having fun together and sharing sadness & woes and being there for each other is a must.

No comments: