Monday, June 1, 2009

Sundown Marathon 2009-05-31

Good news…… I cried when I was at the last 2km of my run to day. Dun noe why, tears began rolling down my cheeks at the last 2 km. It seems a sense of achievement for me.

Before I go in details of my race, report card of myself.

- No blisters, no black toe nails

- No nipple abrasion. (Only had a slight abrasion as the running tee I wore on the outer layer was slightly too big for me on my left hand(minor). It was the same running tee I wore last year. Guess, the loss of weight was too evident tat it seems so much real. Hehehe.

- Muscle sore. Sore was not as bas as previous marathons. Instead, after breakfast, I went to soak myself in the pool for the rest of the morning before heading home with a friend, Victor, who wanted to come down to take pics of me running. Well, as I really do not know what time I will end, I dare not commit my ETA due to lack of training.

- PB for 10km was 80 mins

- PB for 21km was 180 mins

- Gd effort for being on the last 10km by 5:30am. Was targeting to end by 6:30 am but my ankle hurts like mad and I had to slow down a lot in terms of speed and also to minimise injury. Instead, I finish my run around 7am. It was a gd effort I say. A year ago today, at 7am I was on the stretch of my last 10km and I completed the race ard 8:30am. With minimum training, my timing has improved by an hr. Hmm.. Perhaps I should train more and get under 5 hrs for std chart marathon 2009… Dreaming Hehehe



Anyway, this year was a much better run than any other runs I had. Each race I participate is a better run and guess wat, I had hunger pangs during the race. Something new for me and perhaps not safe for me. Bananas was limited in supply and it was often out of stock. So sad. I only had one power gel during the race to consume to satisfy my hunger.

Run and walk was my technique this year. Run and walk all the way. This was the only way I felt was feasible for me and it works out well.


I only had to psycho myself the last 10km tat my ankle pain was never there and I am perfectly fine and motivate myself to finish the 10km. It helps otherwise I would sitting at the bus stop just relaxing and refusing to move an inch.

This year Finisher tee was so damm cool. Love it a lot and I took sz L and I actually can wore it. Nice and cool. Damm sexy.


Even my friend Hong Ping who have not seen me since Sundown 08 complimented that I slimmed down a lot. Nice. Good motivation. People that I met last year at Sundown 08 were pretty amazed by my perseverance & the physical change in me from last year to current…

Hmm perhaps I should put 2008 sundown photos and compared against myself in 2009.

& last but not least, I wanna thank Salsa frm my running grp unknowingly pacing me in my last 15 km…. I always have to made sure that he is always behind me… Hehehe.. The moment he overtook me, I must paced myself up & made sure I am in front of him…. Sigh, Salsa overtook me in the last 2km of the race and I am unable to overtake him again. Anyway, Salsa from Sgrunners, Thanks for pacing my pace…You will never know it but u have helped paced a fellow runner.


Anyway, in LDR race, I always find myself a pacer who is a stranger and I made sure that the pacers are either within visible distance in front of me or behind me. That is to motivate myself to do better.

No comments: