Monday, June 1, 2009

Pre-Race Jitters Sundown Marathon 2009-05-30


Hmmm… Tats me on the eve of the race at my friend’s place and this was taken around 5pm which I was supposed to be sleeping. Guess anxiety and anxiousness took over me resulting in me being worried & unable to sleep.

According to my friend, this was my facial expression the whole day since I reached his place at 8:30 am. Wow, I did not realise it & btw this blog is heng not written on the eve. If it was, I will be pouring out my feelings again… Hehehe

Anyway, on the eve, was at my friend’s place helping him out with his grocery shopping for the bbq later in the day. Helped prepared marinate the steak, baked brownies, quish & a mushroom & asparagus pie.

In fact by 1pm all this was done & I decided to chill out by watching DVDs & watched 5 episodes of Are you being served? Though a nice British comedy, I was unable to enjoy it fully. Reason caused my mentality was on the race and nothing else was on my mind.

Though I was yawning heavily the whole afternoon, I forced myself to sleep, I was still awake. Played PSP, listen music and still I am wide awake. Hehehe…

In the end, I had a chat with my other friend before its time for me to shower and get ready for the run. I prepared myself physically as early as 7pm to meet my friends at 9:45pm. In the end, by the time we left Pasir Ris Mrt station, it was abt 10pm and took the bus shortly after that..

Few of my friends called me before that wishing me all the best for my race and not to injured myself.

I only hope that it was a good race.

All I could say before my race, I met my friend, TLR, founder of SG Runners, the running grp that I belong to. He finished the 1st lap of his 84km route by 11:30 and he was one of the top 20 ultra atheletes running 84km. Many people were rooting for him when he ran past by and overhear some people saying tat this guys must be famous since so many people are rooting for him… Hmm guess, those bunches not aware of the running scene. Well, if you ae in the running scene, u will roughly know who is who.

All the best in my run…


No comments: