Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Life is what we make it. Always has been, always


Am glad that the week ended on a good note today.

Today was an interesting day for me as I face different situations in a day.

Before i blog on what happen today, here is a sneak preview of my feet at the start of the day and at the end of the day.







Well, after one whole day under the sun, this is how my feet looks like now.

its like my feet has morphed to Xmen.













Was at the OSIM Triathlon 2008 @ East Coast Park today. I reported for duty as early as 5 am.
Was there as a BIKE MARSHAL and the best part was that i get to bump into Mok Ying Ren, He is our first national triathelete to go to the OLYMPICS. He is quite young u noe and he is currently studying in local uni.

Since i am alone, i was paired off with this youth who is frm Catholic High. Apparently, he is in Sec 3 and his name is Shawn.

I have never met a youth of his "callibre"
Why do I say that? DO you know that he was complaining the whole day? Complaining things like the weather is so hot, why are the runners running bloody slow and the best ultimate one which i took is as a personal attack. We were waiting for the 2nd wave of the run. Organizers told us that it will take approximately 3o mins for the next race to start ie 11.45 am. He went to the beach and sit on the bench with a umbrella. Fine.... Then came the first woman running in... Guess what he say.... Why is a fat woman like her running? Look at her butt and so on.. He was attacking fat people saying things like they are useless, a disgrace to the nation and should consider killing themselves. I was like..... and the best part he said that she muz be from the 1st wave.... guess she was lost and since she was bloody slow might as well give up....I almost blare Shawn.... but i tolerated since this is an international event held in public. Mine you the ang moh lady is not tat fat.she only big ass tats all and she is the first runner of the 2nd wave....

Tat was one incident. Next it rain a few times while we are on duty. Once, it rained heavily, we decided to abandon our posts and seek shelter while the race is on. the heavy shower lasted not more than 10 mins. Afer which, i told him to get back to position. He say nah... it is still raining. u wan u go ahead.. this is the kind of attitude that he is giving me. Mind you, he is doing this for CIP. tell me which CIP activity provides you an allowance, free tee, food and drinks. Nope.. dun have unless u help out at sporting events. He was given all this and yet he still made noise saying tat he is under paid for it.... I was like.... Aren't you doing this as a volunteer?

I decided to ignore him liao....... Frustrated with this boy oredi.

Last @ 3pm, he complained again.. saying tat the organizers told him tat the event will end at 3pm... he made noise again saying like when the fuck will this event end? why are the runners running slowly? I may not be a triathelete but after running a marathon, i find that a race aint ez... though the running distance for this event is 10km... but u mus remember that they have to swim in the open sea for 1.5km, cycle long distance and then run for it man... it aint easy. For me, if one can finish it, it is good enough. and then from there improve ur PB

My day ended with a sweet icing. At 4.15 pm, came our last runner.... Apparently, he is having cramps and was walking the 10km. based on experience, walking 10 km takes 100 min. He finish the 1st round and we all tot he would gave up... but he did not... he told me after the turning point of 2.5km, he aint give up. he aint done yet. he will finish it all the way man

The last runner finish the event at 6.00pm Nevertheless though he was the last one, he never gave up. In, quite a number of us plus the medics rally around him and run together with him in the last 5km of the event. I believe he must felt very happy and honored to have so many people rally around him and running with him.
And the best part was that he was given a grand entrance by the organizers. He, has us running with him side by side, the organizers giving him a victory galore entrance, fanfare music and guard of honour aisle for him. Phew that was an entrance for him. Being part of making history for the athletes to complete the event made me feel proud of myself. Kinda remind of myself when i am running the last 500m of Sundown which is my first marathon. It felt good as so many people believe in me that i can do it.

1 comment:

Billy Chua said...

Hey, if you bump into that youth Shawn, show him your Marathin medal.

He might as well be a sissy rather than a guy.

Ha glad you enjoy the event under the hot sun.