Wednesday, December 24, 2008

SIgh..... it almost Christmas

Today is the 7th Day of work with Barclays Capital. Frankly speaking,
the culture here is different from CS. In a way, I feel it is good as my
brain cells will be fully utilised. And I will be able to explore and
stretch my limits. My banking life has revolves ard Treasury &
Derivatives -Futures { be it Processing, Settlement and/or
Investigations} The only thing new to me at CS was Swift message, Nostro
Funding and Team management and being answerable for the whole team
performance.

With Barclays Capital, it is a different scenario here... CDS

Current Defualt Swaps is a new pdt for me. Have never heard of this
product till I actually come to Barclays...... It is basically a
Derivatives pdt... Tat is what I can say
Product wise, processes, work demands,invetsigations and applications
wise are all new to me..

Basically, I have to start from scratch... It aint easy and it aint
going to be smooth. I do jope I will be able to survive the ordeal.

Working London hours is something new to me... My body is still
accustomed to APAC hrs... NO matter how late I sleep, I will still be
awake latest by 8am... Tat kills me... I don't have enough sleep man..
The alternative I came up wif myself is to drink a glass of wine each
night to allow me to sleep well... tats the only way, I feel I can sleep
well and wake up late and have a sound sleep ensuring that I am wide
awake for work.

Changes in my lifestyle I have yo adapt. Not been able to clean my room
for the past few days as I was too tired... Sooner or later, it will be
like a rubbish dump... Sigh..

Btw, changes in the attitude of one of my friends surprised me. A friend
who has hurt me before deeply has decided to reconciled wif me. Though
there is no words of aoplogies between us, I sense that he is trying to
make things as it were before.

Anyway, I have decided to sign up for Sundown'09.

Along running with me are Hong Ping, Billy and CG.

I hope to better excel myself this time and pick up DB in 2009

Till then, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: