Monday, December 8, 2008

SCM 08 Dec07 - The day has arrived


It was 8 hours before the race and ideally, i should be asleep to get sufficient rest. Tried as i might, i was tossing in bed. Though this is not my 1st marathon in my life, this is my 1st marathon with Standard Chartered and 1st day marathon.

Unable to sleep, i was on msn and chatting till about midnight before i fell asleep at one and waking up at 2 plus. The day was a nice morning and i don my running attire.

In the SGRunner's Top & SKINS Tights, 2XU Visor and Nike Shades and Pouch are the gears that i don for the run. I must admit that i did not have proper training for the run. And my desires was to finsh the run.

I did a PB for my 10km in this marathon. My PB in the marathon for the distance of 10km was 80 mins. An improvement since a year ago when i first ran 10km in my life where i took 110 mins...
Look at the state of my shoe... It was a muddy run at some point.. Haha bluff u guys... shoes was muddy as the Padang was wet n muddy... Sigh.. Need to wash my shoes soon....

One thing i hate about running is running at ECP. Guess there are too many runs organised at ECP.. Till i was kinda sian liao.... In fact at ECP, I lost my momentun and slowed down a lot. MY paced was getting slower n slower... Rather, i cant wait to reach the 30km mark of the run where i can get support from SGRUNNERS.

The moral support nad encouragement by the volunteers were great. And the best part was the treat that i got from them. I got a frozen hydroloyte -orange flavor. Nice.. As i was running and sucking something nice n cold, many envy eyes were looking at me with jealousy.

Well there was only one and i am too selfish to enjoy the delicacy with strangers.... I continued enjoying the hydralyte myself. Thanks to the volunteers who offered me hydarlyte... it made a difference... it was like a power and a morale booster.

Running at the F1 track was a torture... So hot and sunny and there was no trees nor shelter...
The F1 track is not meant for human walk..

Anyway, i am happy that i finished the run though again i had stitches, nipple abrasion and blister on the sole of my right feet... To finish the run was my main objective.

1 comment:

Billy Chua said...

I guessed your shoe have a good scrub today... all the padang grass and soil...