Saturday, July 7, 2007

Jul 1 2007

Hair for Hope is CCF's annual fundraising event which sees members of the public shaving bald in support of children with cancer.

Children with cancer typically lose hair when they undergo chemotherapy treatment. Hair for Hope is the only head-shaving event in Singapore and undertaking this symbolic act of shaving helps to raise awareness of childhood cancer and monetary donations in aid the CCF beneficiaries.

Close to 900 volunteers, comprising men, women, children and babies, bravely shed their locks to send the message of hope and love to our children. With the act of each volunteer stepping forward to shave their head, it represents the understanding by an individual of the ordeals which a child with cancer is subjected to.

Your shaved head, now undoubtedly a topic of interest among your friends, family members and colleagues, is a great way to start a conversation on how children with cancer deserve our support!

This project is what we have chosen to do in solidarity of children with cancer and in celebration of their courage. Thank you for being a part of Hair for Hope 2007.

Shaving my head Bald is sumthing that I will never dream of doing cuz i am vain. My hair has always been my crowning glory n will always be. An f for me to shave it off, I was like so sad.

Do you noe tat I was so sad after shaving my head bald even though I did it out of my own accord? I was so sad. Lucky for me, I had the support of the pp ard me. n the small things tat CG did tat dae by patting me on the back and comforting me me made me feel better. I was like I did the right thing. And i dun care how things gonna turn out tml. Main thing, i was proud tat i did shave my head bald.

Cheers for all the BAld pp out there. And to our dear beneficiaries, pls persevere and have the strong will to fight. Its never ez. LIfe is short and njoy all we can

No comments: