Saturday, October 24, 2009

Convocation Ceremony Nov 7 2009

Yes, I have graduated from UOB after suffering for 3 years. Though I did not get 1st Class Honours as what I wanted, I am happy to have graduated. Finish my course in Dec 08 and only to be conferred the degree in Nov 09. Way back then in school, yes I was waiting anxiously for the day to arrive. To be in the gown receiving the degree from the Chancellor but now, I really am not motivated for it. It is like being forced to attend the ceremony. Told my parents about the ceremony out of respect to them though I footed the course of education myself as I am pretty aware that they are pretty excited abt it.

Perhaps, cause for me, this is just a piece of paper for me and things are kinda rough for me. Partially cause of some mistakes I made in life which I am paying dearly for it.

Well, people made mistakes and people learnt from it. Carrying the mistakes alone can be quite enduring and dearing straining one mentally and physically. My lifestyle changes a lot lately and I am more of a loner nowadays. In fact, I did not keep in touch with lots of my friends. Having a partner now really means a lot as if one is really meant for each other, this is one pit of my life where we both will share weal and woe together having happiness and rainbows at the end of the day. Well, wake up boy… there is no such thing as share weal and woe till death do we part. All this is crap.

To me, this is just like a passe where I have to go through it.Booked 2 guest tickets for my family as each graduand is only allowed 2 guest and have to pay for their reception which cost a bomb. With the gown rental and the reception tickets for my guest, easily abt SGD400 has flew off my pocket. This amt if under my inconme a year ago before resigning from CS for studies is justifiable and affiordable for me. But for now, this is a lot. I am more cautious with my cash now. In fact, pretty "NGIAO" about it. Perhaps I know I don’t know enough and have is just sufficient for my living expenses.

Though I earn lesser now, I have mixed feelings. Happy and sad at the same time.

There are too many changes in my life that I really do not where to begin. All this is only known to myself only. All I hope, I will come out strong, happy and successful at the end of the day.

Anyway, I will be going down to Broadway Studio on Nov 4 to try and collect my gown and get ready for the convocation ceremony on Nov 7. Will anyone offer me congratulatory message for my graduation or …..

Sigh…Life aint as rosy nowadays… Time to wake up from your dreams and move on in life..

Moving on in life like the death railway………..


1 comment:

Billy Chua said...

Finally you are freed... Congrats