Monday, September 1, 2008

310808 Nike Human+ 10k Run Singapore


Was at the Esplanade today preparing for the world human race. Expecting a crowd of 11,000 runners in Singapore, Billy and me reach Esplanade Park at 3pm. The baggad deposit was excellent. There was no queue and it is very organized.

Since we were early, we walked around the area and took some shots at the run.



NIKE HUMAN Runners hanging out before the race



The stage for the night concert



Some NIKE runners hiding in Esplanade prior to the flag off time



Me at the padang in front of the stage before the run.

Btw, it was here that the founder of SG Runners came over and say hi to me. He remember my name and face from Facebook and he came over and say hi to me. I was touched and honoured that he actually took the effort in remembering me cause we have only communicated at the forum under my nick Saint and via facebook my real name. Active communucation was done actively via the forum. Thanks dude for giving me such a warm welcome to the forum.
Kudos to the The Lonely Runner for making newbies like me feel welcome to the community. Saw DO, Fruitloops, Dream runner etc...



A sea of red at the starting line



Too bad, i missed the group photos. Well, there are always other times....

This is one run that i feel that i fared badly. I suffered from stitches during the run. At the 5km mark, i was in pain and had difficulty continuing my run.

This was one run that there was a human congestion throughout the route and was rather difficult for me to run fast.

I enjoyed my run nevertheless but i wished the route distance would be more visible as i failed to see the distance run.

The last 3km was like a never ending route as the run was endless at Clarke Quay and run as far as i could, i failed to see the turning point. Sigh...

Finally when i reach the turning point, i still had 1km more to go i guess.... I was pacing myself with another runner, a male runner who is runing in skins tights and Zoots running shores. Guess he is a triathelete and he is taking this run as a cooling down/to gain milage for the week.
Throughout the run, despite the pain that i suffered, i made sure he is within my 50m radius. He was my pacer. Thanks dude. For me, i find it is impt to have a pacer for my run less i gave up hahaha



Me posing in front of the banner



Billy and me after the run. Too shagged out

What is the worse thing that one would have expect to happen?
I had nipple abrasion. The best part, i realized it only when i was in the rain when i realized there was this guy kept staring at my chest. It was as though that he was looking at my nipples as i happen to wear a rather fitting dri fit top. It was only when i noticed patches of dry blood at my top tat i expect i had nipple abrasion. I only confirmed it when i reach home. My nipples was still bleeding and i had to stop the bleeding. It was gross as one could seen the flesh of the nipples exposed.

Guess, it could be due to the rough material as the top i wore was of loose fitting. should have worn my compression tee/running singlet as planned. But as i found the material too warm to wear double layers, i decided not to.

No comments: