Sunday, December 2, 2007

Dec 2, 2007


Wow. Taking part in a marathon is something that I never ever dream of taking part. Hmm wait a minute. I sound like I run the full marathon. Nope. Dun think too highly of me. I took part in the 10km run together with Angeline, Mei Fang & Boi.
Being busy wif exams wif i dun noe wat, i had no time to train. Hence today, i went not prepared physically. Still, i managed to complete the run in under 100 mins i guess.. It was kinda of fun running and walking in the event. Wif so many strangers cheering you, you are juz so motivated to run. I was doing the run on my own. Plugged wif Mp3, donning a cap in my runnning gear, i run, walk, run and walk and finally run in the event. U noe, the moment u reach one fullerton, reaching the ending point, no matter how worn out you are, tired, u juz feel so motivated. it was like hordes of strangers just cheering you up, motivating you not to give up and complete your own race. The feeling was just magical. When you finally cross the finishing line, you just felt.... dun noe, the felling is undescribeable. happy and satisfied that you completed it. I guess, i will participate again next year but with proper training. I may not be a winner in the event but i feel that every runner a winner of your own race. Be it the shortest timig in your life or a timing of leisure walk, it all lies in your hand. Goof job to all runners who participated in the marathon. A salute to all those who complete the the full marathon. I do hope in 5 years down the road, i will be able to complete the full marathon. It aint ez but it is an accomplishment in life

1 comment:

Snam Profile said...

haha. Thanks for the comment. You know Reuben in person? Check out this link if this fits you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-hCuYjvw2I